Wednesday 12 February 2014

Don't Change...

I saw this quote this morning when I was doing my daily (hourly?) trawl through Pinterest.

I just love it.

I love it.

I need to have this tattooed on my brain.


So with that in mind, I'm going to list a few things that I don't tend to tell people for fear that I'll be judged from one group or another!

  • I like doing jigsaw puzzles.
  • I love trashy TV shows like The Real Housewives and Jersey Shore.
  • I'd love to be a housewife. I mean a real housewife, not like those on the TV!
  • I prefer books to people.
  • I'm scared of horror films. I mean terrified. I can't even watch the adverts.
  • I like Star Wars and Star Trek.
  • I adore cuddly toys and I still treat them as if they are alive. Try and convince me they're not!
  • I don't like 'fancy' foods. All these frou frou flavours - not for me.
  • Anything you say to me will be disected at length when I'm alone.
  • Small talk exhausts me. Sometimes I need to be alone to recharge.
  • I prefer animals to people.
  • I sometimes pretend not to know or understand things so I don't upset other people or come across as a know-it-all.
  • I worry so much about what other people think of me that my mind never shuts off.
  • I like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
  • I don't drink alcohol.
  • I love musicals.
  • I've never seen the film Titanic.
  • I don't like what I look like but don't have the willpower to change.
  • I worry more about other people than I do about myself (and I seriously worry about myself!)
  • I'd prefer to stay in than go out.
  • I don't have many (any?) friends.
  • Chatting online (even emailing) is just as horrible for me as conversing in real life!
Okay, this is getting a wee bit upsetting for me now so I'm going to stop.

But that's me - warts and all.

I've just realised something - I've got to be the real me and love the real me, too.


4 comments:

  1. If you're not keen on talking to people etc, then I think it's really brave of you to have a blog. And a lovely blog it is too! I genuinely hope you get some comfort (and maybe confidence?) from it, you're an excellent blogger. And I LOVE doing Jigsaws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it's more accurate that I'm scared of people. At least behind a computer screen I can pretend that I'm a well-adjusted sort of person!! :) Although my blog does sort of debunk that myth!! Ha ha ha!

    That's sweet of you to say about the blog. Made me smile - thank you!

    Plus - jigsaws rule!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If people don't like you for that list, then it's their loss. And I bet their list is just as long and just as convoluted! I know mine would be! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, mama. It *is* their loss. Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

10