Sunday 16 February 2014

I Don't Like Valentine's Day


I'm going to tell you a secret that no single girl should admit...

*whispers* I don't like Valentine's Day!

No, seriously... I guess the heading might have given me away!

It's not shameful to not like Valentine's Day; I know many couples that eschew the festivities. But I'm not part of a couple.

I AM ALONE. (Wow - how much bitterness can capital letters convey?! ;) )

My aloneness makes my dislike of V Day take on spinster proportions.

"You only dislike it because you are sad and lonely."

"Once a man snaps you up you'll enjoy it."

"You're just bitter that you're alone on the most romantic day of the year."
 
But it's just not true.

If not having a boyfriend at this time of year is more annoying than at other times - for me, it's surely because when I'm part of a couple, I can dislike V Day without anyone saying anything about it.


As much as I adore love and romance - the thought of someone being romantic because they're told to because it's a certain day is too cringey for me. I'd be mortified. I'd much rather have a spontaneous box of chocolates, box of chocolates, fluffy teddy bear or box of chocolates on any other/every other day of the year.

Actually, to be honest, I'd rather have a book!

And if anyone even thought about proposing to me on 14th February then I would have to say no out of principle!

Perhaps I should put that on a dating website - Girl looking for a guy. I don't need anything for Valentine's Day so no pressure!

So this is just a post where I stand up and say...

I'm single and I don't like Valentine's Day.

Don't judge me! :D

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments.

10