Sunday 15 February 2015

Sunday Supplement: Week #7







I've nearly finished the book I'm currently reading which is a Harlequin/Mills & Boon Blaze. I had pretty much decided to start a historical series that has been sitting around for a while and as a stop-gap between historical books, I opted for a quick, easy and sexy Blaze.

Kira Sinclair's 'Bring Me To Life' is a sumptuous tale about a second chance in love (one of my favourite story lines) and is another of her books set in the small town of Sweetheart. A great story (so far, at least!) - I'll try and review it when I'm done!









I've decided to take something of a sugar moratorium. I'm not giving up sugar but I have tried to cut down for a few reasons:
1) I want to lose weight and I do tend to snack on chocolate and sweets an awful lot.
2) I know that my stomach reacts badly to chocolate - I don't want to relapse again and have to go on even more steroids. Ick.
3) I'm pretty sure that my high levels of sugar aren't helping with my depression and anxiety. I'm just doing an experiment (while on my moratorium) to see if my mental health improves.

Plus, I really like the word moratorium!

     "Alone, Delaney? With all these pickings today? Can't believe the Robins scored and you're not gonna."
     "I didn't come to score."
     She made a pffft sound and gave him a shove.
     His lips quirked into a reluctant smile. "Honey, you're toasted."
     "Yes, I am. I'm gonna be so pissed off at me tomorrow, but right now? Feels good. Can't remember the last time I had too much tequila, or too much anything. Coulda scored."
     "Sorry?"
     "And I don't mean soccer." Cracking herself up, she shoved him again. "Very cute guy named......something made the play. But I'm in a sexual morit......morat......Wait. Sexual mor--a--tor--i--um," she said, enunciating each syllable.
     Still smiling, he tucked her sunny swing of hair behind her ear. "Are you?"
     "Yes, I am. I am toasted and I am in the thing that I just said and don't want to say again."


From one of my favourite books, Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts.







I'm going to admit it - I really want to see the Fifty Shades of Grey film. I wasn't too enamoured with the books (although I did manage to read them which is more than many!) and didn't have any huge desire to see the films until I saw the adverts. There's something about me that's a sucker for good advertising and I feel that there was one particular image that has really got me interested. How sexy is this pic? Just me? Thought not.


2 comments:

  1. I love Laurel and Delaney in Nora's "Bed of Roses"! They get together, don't you know! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not in that book they don't! Bwa ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

10