Sunday 22 February 2015

Sunday Supplement: Week #8


Week 8 - can you believe it? We're already 1/6 of the way through 2015 and it's not even March!


This week I've been watching the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Falun, Sweden. I'm not sure if there's biathalon in the championships (fingers crossed) but I've already seen Cross Country, Nordic Combined and Ski Jumping and it's only my first day's viewing. 

I would normally 'adopt' a nation to cheer for but in the winter sports I tend to switch it up or focus on single athletes. Having said that, I think I have a Swiss flag and a Canadian flag somewhere so I might just have to cheer for them!


This category was supposed to be about something that I got a kick out of this week - as it turns out, it's also handy for talking about my love life. Not that there's much to tell.

I took advantage of a cut price offer at the beginning of February to join Match.com. Do not worry - penny pinching is one of the attributes listed on my profile. I'm a typical Scot after all!

Anyway, I've been at it for about 3 weeks and man, I find online dating tough. It's that constant worry about whether I'm good enough, skinny enough, funny enough, normal enough... Sadly, it has - as it has done before - made me realise that my self-esteem and self-worth are at such lows that I really shouldn't be thinking about being happy in a couple until I'm happy in myself.

The difficulty comes in when all I want is to find someone to love me and for me to love. I don't care if it's a pipe dream - I want love like they have in the books I read. But the heroines in my books are sassy, kick-ass and aren't stuck in a dreadful place mentally like I seem to constantly be.

So, what that comes down to is that I'm thinking of not renewing. Even at the discounted price I get for subsequent months, I'm not sure I'm ready. 

Plus, I could get at least 2 books a month for the cost of my membership. If I was paying full price I could probably get 5 or 6. 

Interesting - that makes me feel a lot better. I might not have a man but I have books!








2 comments:

  1. They're sometimes better in films too - except for that 1980s version of P & P we watched the end of tonight. Those boys were not good!! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Pride and Prejudice? I thought we were watching a documentary on the Elgin Marbles! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

10