Sunday 1 March 2015

Sunday Supplement: Week #9


Pinch, punch, first of the month white rabbits! Happy March, everyone!





It's that time of year again where I try to determine when I'll get a 5-10 minute run on good (or at least not bad) weather so I can dash outside and get some seed trays started.

So far I have some broad beans, tomatoes, peppers, chillis and Honesty waiting to be planted.

Luckily, I didn't have to go outside to start to chit my potatoes. Now, I have no idea whether I am following the proper rules of potato chitting and seed planting but I live in Scotland - I figure with our weather you take a chance when you get a chance and wait to see what happens!






A massive bit of good fortune this week led me to one of the best twitter storms of 2015 - nay, ever! I'm on verdict watch for a trial I've been following in Arizona. As a result, I had Arizona's ABC15 Breaking News up in my browser while I worked.

I had been out for a walk in the evening and when I came back I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed the reading of the verdict. I hadn't but that's not the bit of luck I had.

I turned on the live feed and saw.... llama drama.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/the-most-historically-important-moments-from-the-great-ll#.llk38Ljy 

If you didn't see it live, go back and watch it now. You'll not be sorry - it's so bloomin' hilarious. Who knew so many residents of Sun City had lassos! I need to learn how to lasso, dammit!






I've just finished watching the Scotland vs Italy Six Nations match which we lost. Now, I am absolutely gutted and it will take a few days (weeks, months?) before I am able to accept that it was actually a rather good game.

What is there to love in this tale of woe, you might ask? I have a new crush...


Okay, okay - he's a little young but aren't they all these days!?!

Hmmm... why do my rugby crushes always play fly-half? Okay wait - neither Sean Lamont or Thom Evans are that position so all is well with the world!


Very well with the world.

Wow - this was a tough SS to write! *wicked grin*

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments.

10