Sunday 31 January 2016

Starting Afresh: Take 2



I'm going to be brutally honest - January has been a bit shit for me.

Rather than being excited and enthusiastic about the whole 'fresh start' and 'chance to change my life' like I usually am - I'll admit that it's been a blur of bad choices, upset and a hopelessness that has almost become the norm in my day-to-day life.

And the worst thing is - I have no idea why.

Live Life Quote, Life Quote, Love Quotes and more -> Curiano Quotes Life

I know that depression is a flaw in chemistry rather than character - but boy is it hard not to blame yourself when you're feeling low, you don't know what's wrong and basically nobody can help.

You can help yourself, that you know - if only you can build up the enthusiasm.

Mentally and physically.

And when you can't it just reinforces the fact that this is all your fault. You are to blame for all your problems. Real, imagined, mentally and physically.

Things have changed to some degree. Despite having quite a good mask, my boss pulled me aside at the beginning of the month and questioned me about how I was feeling. She has a surprising ability to see beyond the image I present to the world. It's both appreciated and bloody annoying.

Being a crier - I cried at work until she forced me to see a doctor.

So I did. And cried some more.

He gave me new pills - yay - and the number of a therapist - yuch!

I don't like this second option for two reasons:

1) The first therapist I had was less than helpful. In fact, I'd go as far as to wonder how on earth she managed to get any kind of qualification to help those in need. Sheesh.

2) I'm an introvert. I. HATE. PHONES.

Just no.:  

Last but not least in my tale of January is my weight.

As I'm sure I've moaned about before eloquently expressed previously, a couple of years ago I took a course of steroids to control my ulcerative colitis and ended up being a slave to the side effects. I.e. the munchies. Witness me ballooning by 2 stone.

Well, 2 stone turned into 3 and is continuing to creep up due to my sugar addiction and, well, my sheer laziness.

So January was a chance to get my eating under control and getting back to exercising.

February 1st is my first weigh in.

I decided to do a pre-weigh in today (January 31st) to see how I was doing.

The answer to that question was +5lb of not very well.

https://behappy.me/OneToughMotherRunner/dont-be-upset-with-the-results-you-didnt-get-from-the-work-you-didnt-do-19614 

So that's it now - February begins the start of a new phase of my life.

My new mantra is this:

https://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2013/10/08/best-american-infographics-david-byrne/ 

So that's me starting afresh - take 2!



2 comments:

  1. You know I'll be cheering you on as best as I can! Always remember, if plan A doesn't work, there are 25 letters left in the alphabet! And I'm sure you could do plans in other languages which have more letters in their alphabets! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha - so true. Even if they don't have more letters than English, after our 26 I'm moving on to Greek, Russian and then Chinese! Great plan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

10